Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thunder

The other morning the community of Waikoloa was in the midst of rain and then a loud clap of thunder vibrated everywhere . I was awakened and jumped out of bed when I heard it. It’s rare that Waikoloa gets to experience the rain and thunder that accompanied that morning. As a kid I was really afraid of thunder and lightning especially growing up in Texas as there were some really scary storms that came through the Texas panhandle. Thunder is loud and noisy and can shake and rattle windows, but have you ever thought about what some of the people in the Old and New Testaments might have heard when God spoke and it sounded like thunder?

Pastor Frank’s sermon relates to John chapter 12 and it was in this chapter that I read a verse that I have carried in my heart all week it is found in John 12:28-29 and says this;

Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

I can’t begin to tell you what it may have sounded like, but I think I will always be reminded of this verse when I do encounter a loud clap of thunder.

Have a Wonderful week in the Lord!

No comments: