Saturday, April 2, 2011

Running on Empty

Last week Pastor Gary Simons shared with me that when he was praying for me the Lord showed him a vision of me running here and there and the Lord running around after me wanting to fill me up but the Lord couldn’t because I wouldn’t be still long enough.

Ever since Pastor Gary said this to me I have really been thinking hard about it. He is right I have been running on empty for far too long and I need to stop and take a deep breath. I know God desires me to put aside what I think is important and to turn and walk straight into His outstretched arms then He will teach me the better way. I just want to encourage anyone who may be struggling with busyness–
what I am about to tell you is hard to do, it’s something I struggle with everyday, but if you do these you will find God patiently waiting.

Here is what you have to do: STOP, TURN AROUND AND WALK INTO THE LOVING ARMS OF GOD!

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

I pray you have a good week with the Lord!

No comments: