Saturday, August 13, 2011

...do not give way to fear


1John 4:18 says this,

18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

I have been dealing with fear most of my life, it’s part of the software that’s been downloaded into me by people or circumstances. I think we all fear at some point in our lives but it just kinda hit me the other day as to just how fearful I can be
.
My son Josh left for Japan the other day and will be gone for 3 months. I was alone for awhile the day he left and fear swept over and through me like a flood. I started thinking about how hard it was going to be for him, especially with the language barriers– I mean he can speak some Japanese but isn’t fluent. I can’t explain what I felt but I started to cry. It was during this time that I realized how much I fear and worry about things.
Then I got mad at myself for doubting God’s good and perfect will. Not only in my life but also in the people I love.

If I say I love God and trust in Him– there should be no fear.



1Peter 3:6 …… do not give way to fear.



Have a good week and let the Lord lead!

No comments: