Saturday, October 5, 2013

Laying the Foundation



The other day we got a call that our son was in the hospital. So the first thing I do is start to worry. He’s in Japan we are here. Your thoughts begin to stray, you can’t stay focused and all kinds of scenarios run through your brain.  The “what if’s”  begin to play and before you know it you’ve forgotten all about trusting God in the situation.

God has such a tender way that brings us back around, and in His loving way reminds us that He hasn’t forgotten us, that in fact He goes before us in these trials and lays the foundation for us to walk through them.

 I will go before you
    and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
    and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you hidden treasures,
    riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the
Lord,
    the God of Israel, who summons you by name.  Isaiah 45:2-3


Always remember to look up!

 



No comments: