Thursday, March 5, 2009

Just Stuff and a thought


I call this post just stuff because there are different little tid-bits of information that you can file away.
First, thanks to Cathi Jenkins for sharing her picture of a whale breeching just north of A-Bay.

HIM (Hawaii Island Ministries) is this week Wednesday, March 11 through Saturday March 14. Pastor Frank will be attending. Also coming up is the Women's conference in Hilo on March 13 and 14th. Then Waimea Christian Academy's fundraising event on March 21st at Waimea New Hope gym.

Also before I forget there will be no Saturday Night set-up at the cafeteria on March 14th- come early Sunday morning to help out. if you have any questions call Pastor Frank.


Last week in my thought for the week I spoke about the verse found in John 14:12 (NIV), Jesus says,

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. I then thought about what greater things can we do than He did? So I thought about it and I thought about it and then it hit me. We live in a world that has internet, TV, phones, cell phones and other technology- Jesus didn't. We can be a witness to anybody and everybody in just a few short minutes. Think about how many emails you get asking you to send it to 10 people-they send it to 10 more. These devices can be used to further God's Kingdom and that's one aspect that we can use to do "greater things than these". I just did by publishing this post.


Be the light of the world and let your light shine!

No comments: