Saturday, October 23, 2010

Gifts and Purpose

When a person tries to be someone they aren't, it’s like trying to force a
square peg into a round hole. Not only does it require a bigger hammer, it’s also a waste of time,energy and talent. That’s why when my husband sees a hammer in my hand he starts to worry.You see, he knows that carpentry is not my gift, but it is his. That’s why I leave the carpentry up to him. If I didn’t then my time and energy are wasted and I end up feeling frustrated and worthless. However, when I work through my own gifting,God works through me to accomplish His own purpose.
God deserves our best and I believe He expects us to make the most of what
He’s given us, instead of worrying about what we don't have, or wanting
what others do have.God has given us a purpose and I believe we need to get involved before we know what our purpose and the gifts He’s given us are.

6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is
prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7If it is serving,
let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously;
if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Romans 12:6-8



Have a Wonderful week in the Lord!

No comments: