Sunday, October 17, 2010

Numbers Again and Desperation

Since we are recycling last weeks message I would like to expand my thoughts on what was written in this section last week.

Referring to Acts: 2:41(NLT)  41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all..

The reason I repeat the findings from last week is to bring your attention to something else. Desperation.
I’m not sure how many came to know Christ during the apostle’s ministry but resources say there are 2.1 billion Christians in the world today. (I think this number also includes the many different beliefs there are in the world who profess they are Christian but believe something totally different).
To continue; during my research on this subject I also found that it is estimated there are 100 million Christians in China compared to only 5,000 in 1960 and that tens of thousands of people in South Korea fill the churches regularly. One being the Yoido Full Gospel Church in Seoul, where 800,000 members attend. These numbers are being added to daily.

Matthew 28: 17-20 (The Message)
 16-17Meanwhile, the eleven disciples were on their way to Galilee, headed for the mountain Jesus had set for their reunion. The moment they saw him they worshiped him. Some, though,held back, not sure about worship, about risking themselves totally. 18-20Jesus, undeterred, went right ahead and gave his charge: "God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life,marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."


To quote Pastor Frank, “Are you desperate?”

Have a Wonderful week in the Lord!

No comments: