Saturday, November 27, 2010

Praying to a King

Sometimes when I pray I feel like I have to start all over because my prayer sounds so superficial. When I get this way it really bothers me. I mean think about; I am bowing down and praying to a King. And He is not something or someone you can mold into being what you want Him to be.
HE IS GOD! He is the maker of heaven and earth, He is KING who sits on the Throne of Heaven.He is MIGHTY and fights for us, He is FATHER who loves us. WE ARE NOTHING compared to Him. When I pray I am praying to someone who knows me. He knows what I do and say, how I act, and how I treat other people. HE KNOWS ME– and HE KNOWS YOU TOO–

Realizing this brings peace, and prayer time then becomes praise and honor and thanksgiving.

Philippians 4:6-7, Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Have a Wonderful week in the Lord!

No comments: