Saturday, November 13, 2010

Seeking Him

As I sit at my desk I can’t help but feel that I have been asleep for the past few months. I kept looking at the calendar as weeks approached thinking, “oh, there’s plenty of time to get things started” before the holidays. Now I find myself scrambling just to finish this thought and then on to the next thing. I know that God doesn’t want me to be this way, His word says to trust Him in all things, His word says not to worry and His word also tells me that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. But most importantly I need to sit down with my loving Father and seek His Kingdom first. What does that mean? It means getting rid of all the things that keep me from Him.It means turning off the TV, the computer and putting down the newspaper. It means spending time with Him and allowing Him to be in control, then and only then will you find peace in your heart.

As Thanksgiving and Christmas approach put aside your agenda and allow God to lead. Spend your quality time with Him.

33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:33-34




Have a Wonderful week in the Lord!

No comments: