Saturday, June 11, 2011

God's Glory and Compassion

The following is the only response I received regarding the challenge issued last week.

The part of the verse in the bulletin that spoke to my heart on Sunday was:
"I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion"

Of course that made me start to be thankful and grateful that the Lord would have mercy and compassion on me.

Monday we received a letter from Compassion International asking if we would be able to sponsor another child. ( especially an older child)
My husband and I had planned to sponsor another child some months ago but had never gotten around to it. We thought about how much better it would be to sponsor a younger child so that there would be more time to influence him/her. However, the Lord brought to mind the part of the verse that struck me on Sunday.
I prayed, went to the internet web page and (with the help of the Holy Spirit) choose a fourteen-year girl from Uganda who has 7 other brothers and sisters. I know in my heart that God will show her compassion and mercy . Salvation has nothing to do with age.

Exodus 33:18-23..

18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”
19 And the LORD said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
21 Then the LORD said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

In response to the challenge verse and my reply to the challenge.

God’s Glory and Compassion passed by when His word was acted on and obeyed.

Have a wonderful week in the Lord!

No comments: