Saturday, November 26, 2011

God's Promises

As I drove to Waimea on Saturday, there was the biggest rainbow I think I ever saw.
I was reminded of God’s promise through the rainbow and said a big
“Thank-you, Lord”. But something else came to mind after I said that, and I thought how easy it is for us to forget God’s promises.
His word is full of his promises and he has never broken one of them. They are as real today as they were when He spoke them.

Pastor Gary Simon’s message is part 2 on 1Corinthians 13. This chapter is about love and patience and kindness but the gem in this chapter is God’s promise to us. A promise telling us these virtues are His and He promises to be these things for us.

Psalm 103:17

17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD’s love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children’s children—

Jeremiah 31:3
...“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

Have a wonderful week and let the Lord lead

No comments: