Saturday, December 3, 2011

Washing Feet

On Friday, our Women’s Fellowship experienced a foot washing event, and although it was a night of fellowship and fun the underlying message was humility and serving one another.

As I sat on the floor scrubbing the feet of one of my dear sisters in Christ I couldn’t help but think of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples. I kept thinking of what Jesus must have been feeling and the love he must have felt for his disciples. As I finished washing my sisters feet, I was filled with a new love for her. But the true test of humility came when the sister whose feet I just washed turned around and washed mine. It’s a whole different feeling when it’s someone you know washing your feet. You begin by thinking, oh no, don’t do that, I can do it…..Hmm.. What was it Peter said to Jesus?
8 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.” 9 “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!” John 13:8-9
When we were finished, I realized that I serve a KING that not only would wash my feet, but one who died for me and wipes each tear from my eye.

Have a wonderful week and let the Lord lead

No comments: