Sunday, August 26, 2012

Casting Your Cares

A few weeks ago I did a sermon about “Blurred Vision” and how certain things can cloud the way we see things. I also know that God is trying to tell me something when I prepare a sermon. This time it took a few weeks to sink in… The other day I was at my doctors office. Most of you know I suffer with a lot of endocrine problems and it was at this doctors office that I was crying my heart out telling her how bad I felt and why couldn’t I just feel better.. The doctor sat there calmly as she listened to me and softly said, “Ephesians 2:14 tells us that Jesus is our peace, and that Psalm 55 tells us to cast our cares unto the Lord.” My 1st thought was wow, I have a doctor that knows scripture and is encouraging me not through medical terms but through the Bible. As soon as I got home I read what she quoted and my blurred vision became clear. What we go through in this life can bring us down– but God is our strength in all situations. I encourage you to read Psalm 55; David is going through some rough spots but towards the end of the Psalm God gives him clear eyes.. Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

No comments: