Saturday, September 1, 2012

Separation Anxiety

My granddaughter Lily is going through some separation anxiety at school and to be honest I never thought she would be that way. I keep wondering what is going through her mind when she gets dropped off at school and what she is afraid of. I told her that we all get scared but we need to remember we aren’t alone, that Jesus is with us. I’m sure this didn’t help as it was the last thing she would think of when her anxiety level is up and the tears are flowing. As adults we are the same way, when we are going through a tough time and the tears are flowing remembering Jesus is with us is hard to hold onto. Just like my daughter who holds her hand out to my granddaughter for her to trust; Jesus does the same for us. He wants our trust. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal. Isaiah 26:4

No comments: