Saturday, September 15, 2012

God Is Waiting For Us

My oldest daughter really hurt my feelings this week. It’s hard enough just trying to get her on the phone and when she finally decides to call back, her first words are, “I really don’t have time to talk, what do you want.”
So with an attitude like that it begins to hurt.
I shared with my husband on how she made me feel and he replied, “she’ll come around in time, she will wake up one day and need her mom and then she will express all her troubles to you”.
As he was saying this to make me feel better, God whispered to my heart.
I started thinking we do the same with God. We push Him aside until we are ready for him. We hurt Him each time we ignore His desires for us, thinking our way is better. And then there are those times that we only call to him when we need him.

I then had to ask for forgiveness– because I’ve done the same thing to someone who loves me very much-Jesus.

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love be with us, LORD, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:20-22

Have a wonderful week and remember to look up!

No comments: