Saturday, September 22, 2012

Out of the Storm

You remember the movie Forest Gump? There is a scene in the movie where Forrest saves Lieutenant Dan and rather than Lieutenant Dan being grateful he was bitter and full of despair. Lieutenant Dan eventually joins Forrest on the shrimp boat and one day a fierce storm comes and Lieutenant Dan climbs the top of the mast and cries out to God and vents his rage and despair. The next time we see Lieutenant Dan he has a calmness about him and he’s swimming in the water.

Job tells us in chapter 38 verse 1, Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm.

When I’m troubled I tend to be meek and don’t really voice my troubles to God because I think He has better things to do than listen to me and my struggles. But God wants us to cry out to him. Job did, and God answered him. He will do the same for us.

It may be time for you to climb that mast as Lieutenant Dan did and voice your heartache, your pain and anguish, then allow God to speak to your heart.
He did mine.

Have a wonderful week and remember to look up!

No comments: