Saturday, October 6, 2012

Gifts


When a person tries to be someone they aren't, it’s like trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Not only does it require a bigger hammer, it’s also a waste of time, energy and talent.
That’s why when my husband sees a hammer in my hand he starts to worry. You see, he knows that carpentry is not my gift, but it is his. That’s why I leave the carpentry up to him. If I didn't then my time and energy are wasted and I end up feeling frustrated and worthless. However, when I work through my own gifting, God works through me to accomplish His own purpose.
God deserves our best and I believe He expects us to make the most of what He’s given us, instead of worrying about what we don't have, or wanting what others do have.
God has given each of us different gifts that we use to further His kingdom.
Are we using those gifts?

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let  him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of  others, let him give generously;  if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.                 Romans 12:6-8

have a good week and always remember to look up!

No comments: