Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gems Along the Way

The other day as I was talking with my older daughter she sounded a little distraught. When I asked what was wrong she began to tell me why she was so upset. Without hesitation I told her I would keep what she was upset about in my prayers and that I would continue to pray for her. She said “thanks mom, thanks for praying.” As I hung up the phone I was filled with joy in my heart and praise on my lips-for hearing her say “thanks for praying mom” was Huge. What I want to tell you dear brother and sister in Christ is this: if you are praying for someone you love to come to the Lord– please don’t give up on them. God hears your prayers and knows your desire for your loved one to come to know Him, for He knows them better than us. But as we wait upon the Lord, He brings us gems that we can treasure and hold in our heart– like “thanks mom, thanks for praying”.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. Philippians 4:6

For all those moms out there- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

No comments: