Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just Ask

The other night while watching TV a commercial came on that started with that old Michael Jackson song that he did with his brothers the Jackson 5 called “I’ll Be There”. As the song and the commercial played on it said in captions, “We all need someone to believe in. To rely on. To trust”.
I guess the commercial was about people being there for other people. As the song played some of the lyrics went like this: “where there is love, I’ll be there, I’ll reach out my hand to you, I’ll have faith in all you do, just call my name and I’ll be there. I’ll be your strength, I’ll keep holding on”..

As I watched the commercial I thought to myself; yes, we do need someone to believe in, to rely on and to trust-we need Jesus. I started thinking about how Jesus is always there, that when we ask for something in His name –it’s a done deal. When we ask for strength, for comfort, for healing, for protection, for covering, for love, the list goes on. Jesus said, 7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matt.7:7-8)

What a wonderful God we serve! All we have to do is call His name.

-and He’ll be there!


13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:13-14

No comments: