Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Pebbles of Life



The following excerpt was taken from Jesus Today written by Sarah Young.- Be Blessed!

Lay down your problems long enough to gaze at Me. Picture yourself standing at the edge of an ocean, on a beach covered with pebbles. The pebbles represent problems-yours, your family’s, your friends’, the world's. As you pick up these small stones and hold them close to your eyes-examining their details-they obscure your view of the grandeur all around you. Usually as soon as you put down one pebble-problem, you pick up another. Thus, you fail to enjoy the beauty of My Presence and to revive My help. 

The ocean represents Me– endlessly glorious and continually present with you. I am calling you to put down all your pebbles for a time so that you can experience My   Presence and receive My unfailing Love. Draw near me by praying, “I chose You,   Jesus. I choose to see You– to find You– in this moment.”  Practice doing this until it becomes a habit: a delightful habit that will keep you close to Me on the path of Life.

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore– Psalm 16:11 NKJV

No comments: